Home of the Brave by Mrs. Shahriary ** made with Bubblr (PIMPAMPUM)
- Home of the Brave
- Kek, an african boy, grew up in small village until his life and family were torn apart by war.
- Sent as a refugee from Africa to Minneapolis to live with his aunt and cousin, Kek is now surrounded by strange sounds, objects, and a language he doesn't understand. This world, America, is so different from the one he left behind.
- Kek is terribly homesick in this new land full of snow and ice. He starts to get depressed as he terribly misses his mom, whom he was separated from at the refugee camp in africa.
- ...Until the day that Kek asks a neighbor to help take care of her cow. For him, the cow is a symbol of his home that he left behind and the family he lost. With the help of new friends, his family, and the cow he starts to open up and let people in.
- I remember something my mama used to say on dark days:
If you can talk, you can sing.
If you can walk, you can dance.
- Ganwar, what if she never comes ?
- While Kek's story and journey has been very sad, every sad story deserves a happy ending (and Kek's story is no different).